Sunday, February 5, 2012

Do you like to entertain?

Hi!  I ask the question above because I know I do like to entertain but I stress out before I get to the entertaining.  All of the stress before hand makes me not like to entertain.  Soooooo, do I REALLY like to entertain or am I a reluctant entertainer? 
 
This is not my house (I wish it were though) and this is not my party (wish it were...looks like fun. lol).  I don't think I know that many people in this state to fill a room like that. 
 
I unfortunately stress out so much about the house being sparkly clean, whether my guest will like our food, whether they'll be comfortable, and whether my kids will let them get a word in or watch the game. 

I stress about it way too much, so much that I don't enjoy my company once they're here because I am busy trying to quiet down my kids, wondering if I'm being a good hostess and always on edge.  Ugh, I hate nerves. (I'm sure it shows to my guests.)


I hate to confess this but 2 of my 3 kids have never had a real birthday party.  I KNOW!!  I know!!  So bad!!  I did one for my 12 year old son's first birthday.  That was it.  I'm not winning this any time soon....


I just don't deal well with the stress and the nerves of planning and throwing a party or get together.

I will always make excuses and there always will be something to discourage me from throwing a get together or party.  I have to stop that.

Don't get me wrong, if my family does come I have no issues with them seeing my lived in (aka messy) house.  I am totally fine with it, I think because family accepts each other the way they are.  Messes and all.  We know we aren't perfect.  Although I'm not going to lie, I do run around tidying up before they come. (I once put some dirty pots in my oven and pantry to get the kitchen cleaned up a bit.)  It's just the way I am.

I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone little by little.  Today we are having our friends over to watch the Super Bowl (disappointed the Packers aren't in it...I'm just watching for the commercials.  lol).


Our friends do not have kids.  They always have a very clean house.  They are great hosts and we like to spend time with each other whenever possible.

So this is me right now...



Nerves will just do that to me.  I am trying to calm myself down and remember that our friends are here to spend time with us not to see my house and judge it or me.  

Hope you push yourself out of your comfort zone to be a better you, especially when you know in your heart that it's for the better to change.

1 comment:

  1. I always drive myself crazy trying to get everything perfect for company. I don't always succeed! Loved this post. It's always nice to know we aren't the only ones stressing on any given day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you! Don't be shy and leave a comment. It makes a bloggers day! Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...