Friday, April 27, 2012

Ssssh...my little shopping secret

Hi!  Today I decided to share one of my most favorite stalking shopping  places I like to visit EVERY DAY!!

Yes...I may have a shopping addiction....well more like a perusing thrift items addiction.

One of the best things about this place is that even you can visit EVERY DAY too!!  Plus we don't even have to get out of our pj's or yoga pants to go.

I found this place 6 years ago.   I can't even remember how I found it but when I did I became addicted!

This place is the Shop Goodwill online auction website....have you been there?  Or heard of it?

I haven't heard anyone in blog land mention it so I thought I'd share. 

Here are some of the goodies I've bid on....

 She is GORGEOUS!

And I accidentally lost her because I was serving dinner at the time this auction came to a close.  I logged on 30 seconds too late and lost her!!!  She sold for $23 (not including shipping) but I would of paid so much more.

I have regretted losing her tremendously but learned a good lesson.  I'll tell you the lesson I learned after I show you more goodies.

I also bid on this cutie Spanish lady planter....

She sold for $31 (not including shipping).

I wanted the below mirror to hang on a display wall with my father-in-law's WWII and husband's Marine pictures and medals

 It sold for $84.03 (not including shipping).

I am going to tell you how to better your odds of winning your find.  So you don't regret losing a must have find.

Now here is what I learned from losing that first GORGEOUS Bust.

 

My tips to shopping this site:

 1. Search your local Goodwill seller. - You can pick-up at certain stores!  This allows you to save money or put more money towards winning your bid.  (Skip step #2 if you are doing a local Pick-Up.)

2.  Calculate Shipping. - Shipping can be ridiculously pricey.  Before placing your bid calculate your shipping costs in order to determine tip #3. Take your shipping costs into consideration when you are determining what you are willing to pay for your item.

3.  Enter the absolute max amount you are willing to pay for your item (not including shipping). - Why?

    Because it will bid for you by placing bids on your behalf at the lowest possible increments.  Allowing you to win the auction at the lowest possible price.  Your highest bid is only placed when another bidder also bids up to that amount.  Make sense?

Those 3 tips there are the most important.

 Additional Helpful Hints:

 1.  Check on your auction.  I set a reminder or alarm on my phone to log on to the site 15 minutes before my auction is scheduled to end.  (This isn't such a big deal if you've entered the absolute highest bid you are willing to pay.)

2.  Take notice of the time difference from where you live and the Goodwill city where your item is being sold from. Set your alarm accordingly.  
  
3.  If you're looking for something in particular, set up an email notification.  They call it the Personal Shopper and they only send you one email per day for each item you set it up for.  

4.  If you have any questions on an item, send them an email before you bid!  They will always respond.

I hope you take a gander over there and check out what they have up for bidding in your area.  Hope my tips help and send me an email if you find something!   

I hope you have a marvelous weekend!! 

Linking to:

 

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea this existed! I'm heading over to check out the goods...

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you! Don't be shy and leave a comment. It makes a bloggers day! Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...